The tax incentives available to eligible investors are as follows:
• Exemption from customs duties on raw materials and equipment and especially special vehicles;
• Exemption from transfer duties in case of acquisition of fixed assets (land or building);
• Payment of countervailing duties of 5% instead of 10 to 25% on semi or finished products intended to carry out its investment project (consumables are not concerned);
• 5% or 2% reduction in the income tax rate (30%) depending on whether the promoter claims and proves that he/she employed at least 200 employees during the year or 20 and 200 Burundian employees;
After promulgation of the new code:
• Recognition of import VAT;
• Amortization of assets at 100%.