- Documents to be attached to the application for the incentives in accordance with the investment code are:
• Copy of the identity card of the person in charge of the company,
• Copy of the TIN (Tax Identification Number),
• Copy of the Trade Registry Certificate;
• Copy of the statutes of the company,
• Copy of the title ownership or copy of a notarized lease contract showing the landlord's phone number in case of rental,
• Copy of construction plans if necessary,
• Building authorization,
• Calculation notes for multi-storey buildings,
• Certificate of environmental compliance,
• Authorization to build a factory.
2. Business Plan content
- Amortization table of fixed assets,
- Loan amortization table (if applicable),
- List of jobs to be created with various categories,
- Operating expenses table,
- Estimation turnover table,
- Forecast of operating account for at least 5 years and maximum 10 years,
- Project profitability test (preferably project NPV).
The priority sectors are determined by Ministerial Ordinance N ° 540/534 of 05/04/2013 on facilitation measures for implementation, monitoring and evaluation of eligible investments to incentives in accordance with the Investment Code.
According to article 10, the priority sectors for investment are:
- Agriculture, Fishing and Livestock Sector,
- Public Health Sector,
- Energy and Mining Sector,
- Tourism sector,
- Transformation industry sector,
- Infrastructure, Transport of goods and persons Sector,
- Education Sector,
- Information Technology Sector, (except for mobile telephony),
- Buildings and Public Works Sector,
- Environment Sector.
- Application fee
The application fees are set by Ministerial Ordinance N ° 540/534 of 05/04/2013 concerning facilitation measures for implementation, monitoring and evaluation of eligible investments to incentives in accordance with the Investment Code.
According to article 5, the diagram of the expenses of the file shall be as follows:
- For a project with investment cost less than or equal to 500 000 000 BIF: USD 500
- For a project with investment cost between 500 000 001 BIF and 1 000 000 000 BIF: 2500 USD,
- For a project with investment cost between 1 000 000 001 and 5 000 000 000 BIF: USD 5,000
- For a project with investment cost exceeds 5 000 000 000 BIF: 10,000 USD,
5. Specific conditions according to sectors
Some sectors must meet specific features to be eligible for incentives in accordance with the Investment Code, these include the tourism sector and the infrastructure sector (office buildings).
For the tourism sector:
- For a hotel project in Bujumbura to be eligible it must be a minimum of three-star hotel comfort with at least 20 bedrooms.
- Beyond 20km from Bujumbura, a minimum comfort level of two-star hotel with a minimum of 15 bedrooms is required.
These standards reference for the classification of hotels according to the number of stars are in line with the East African Community and those of the Burundian Bureau of Standards.
Vehicles to be accepted as part of a hotel project eligible to incentives according to the Investment Code must be commercial vehicles in particular:
- Minibuses with number of seats between 8 and 12 maximum
- Vans not exceeding 1.5 T of cargo
Tourist vehicles imported as part of an investment project are exclusively dedicated to tour operator activities.
For the infrastructure sector (office buildings):
The eligibility of an office building must be supported mainly by its size:
Usable sheltered space area of at least 2000 sq. m and the availability of a parking spot (area of at least 1000 sq. m at the rate of 20 sq. m / parked vehicle).