The operation of the electronic communication sector and the application for concession require the following documents:
1. The application for a license to operate a service opened to the public shall be submitted to the Authority for Regulation of Communication and Telecommunication (ARCT),
2. The concession contract signed between the ARCT and the dealer,
3. The commencement of the operation will however be effective upon the signing of the concession contract, the purchase of the license and the payment of the fees and charges provided for this purpose.
The file must include the following documents:
- The identification of the applicant;
- The statutory references of the applicant;
- The nature and characteristics of the service;
- Coverage areas of the service;
- The conditions of confidentiality and neutrality of the service with regard to the messages transmitted;
- The standards and specifications of the network and the service;
- The technical specifications of the equipment;
- The conditions of permanence, quality and availability of the service for basic electronic communication networks;
- The network deployment plan;
- The feasibility study of the project;
- The staff recruitment plan;
- Social and environmental impact assessment.
Rates vary from one desired communication service to another (internet, radio, mobile telephone, etc.). For instance:
• The operation of a cellular network is subject to the payment of an operating license of 10 million USD and an annual fee equal to 2% of the turnover.
• The operation of an Internet network and VOIP over IP is subject to the payment of a license for 40 000 USD and an annual fee equal to 2% of the turnover.
The operation of a commercial TV station is subject to the payment of a license for 20 000 USD and an annual fee equal to 2% of the turnover.